10MM Ep. 3 - Which Social Media Networks Should I Use To Promote My Business?
*Which Social Media Networks Should I Use To Promote My Business?
Question 1(1:15): What social networks should I use for my business?
- Be where your audience is when it comes to social media.
- Don’t stretch yourself too thin! If you are not sure you can handle 4-5 social media accounts and update them consistently, reserve your name and wait before you make your account active.
- The nature of social networks will evolve. Things will change and so do the popularity of social media networks.
- Think about what makes sense for your business. Where do you want to build your brand?
Let’s talk about the BIG ONES **
1. Facebook (4:20):
Pros: Great go to place, SEO friendly, Great place for sales, Balance promotional content with social content! (Show personality) Facebook Live: Show your culture , What you're doing in the industry, conferences, and how to tips for videos. Video Advertising is the new trend.
Cons: In order to use Facebook Live, you must download and learn to operate the Facebook app
2. Youtube (6:49)
- Second largest search engine in the world
- Use the description section
- Great storage for posting videos in other places
- Youtube Live: A great innovation for people using Google Hangouts
Openbroadcast.com: service that allows you to do a live stream or either a simulated live stream. You can pre record and use open broadcast to play it on your networks as if it is live.
3. Twitter (9:05) -Periscope is owned by Twitter.
Twitter Live: You can repurpose your blog posts and different people will see it each time. If you're not into the whole hashtags or don’t want to do Twitter it still is a great place to do research and find influencers to interact with your brand.
4. Instagram: (10:20)
- Great for creatives
- Instagram Live & Instagram Stories
- Millennials and Gen X are the prominent users
- Alot more people are getting on there and it is beginning to overtake a lot of other social media. Ads & sponsorships are also on them
Cons: Mostly Mobile, not on desktop
5. Linkedin (12:03) Over 50% of users are men
- Business Natured, the way you say things should be a bit more formal
- Great place for PR and announcements for company
- Great place to showcase brands
- More larger companies and corporate will be on Linkedin
6. Snapchat (13:33)
Be careful how you use it as a business.
- You have a brand that targets you
- You have a brand that grows with you (Coca a Cola, Mc Donalds)
There are over 150 million active users.
They juust released IPO, and changes will happen overtime.
7. Pinterest (14:49)
-Men are a fast Growing demographic on Pinterest
-Searching if your company does secondary research (research you do on Google or through social media)
-Great place to show visuals (blog posts, headers, thumbnails, infographics, etc.)
-Ask the question: Who is pinning related to your particular niches? Is it an enough amount of people for you and your business?